Monday, July 29, 2013

Audrey Erickson..

Lazercats

Jay Howell sent me a link to Audrey Erickson's work, saying something to the effect that I may dig her work. Ok, well 1). The paintings include cats. So check. And 2). Some of them have laser beams. Umm, Hello, have you met me? So yes, you could say that I thoroughly enjoy Audrey's work. I'm thinking you will too. I asked Audrey to tell me about her work, before I go on...I have to say her answer just made me want to be her friend and own her work.

"The medium of most of my recent work is gouache on paper, and I guess you could say that the subject matter that I paint comes from the fact that I'm just a good old fashioned cat lady...well, maybe that's taking it a bit far, but avid cat enthusiast to say the least. I find felines to be wildly fascinating and they have a kind of otherworldliness and mystery to them. So although I'm sort of a realist style painter, I like to add elements of fantasy and humor to the little world that i've created for them. I like my paintings to make me laugh when I'm done, and can only hope that my peers get a kick out of it too. I'm starting to incorporate a variety of magical animals into my new work as well, along with plenty of cats of course, and I'm excited to see how it all works together."

Audrey

Princepussy

Lazertrance

Lazertomb

No comments:

Post a Comment